Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Wordless Wednesday #171 ~ Bernheim Forest by Mr. G

 
Bernheim Forrest @ Clarmont, KY
All of the shots in this post were taken by Mr. G with his wonderful little Canon Power Shot
 ***********************
All my life when traveling I65 in Kentucky, I had passed the sign that pointed to Bernheim Forrest.
I always thought the name sounded like something from a Robin Hood story.
I never encouraged a stop, because I thought it was just a big Forrest with only trails.
Before internet, the flyers and advertisement just showed a forest, and really gave no other information except to say it was beautiful. A place I didn't think would be safe to go with my girls or by myself.
 
Now with Mr. G, we explore anything we possibly can. 
Man, am I glad we finally checked this place out.  
It is far more than trails.
As a matter of fact, there is so much going on for learning, 
that you will see field trips going on this time of year.
I'd say go after 1:30 if you don't want of have groups of excited kids around.



 

I'm ready to go back, because while Mr. G was exploring and taking these shots while
I was taking a sit on a bench behind the trees in the foreground on the lake.
I watched a classroom of Field Trippers go by, bouncing around with energy, especially 
the little boy whom the teacher told not to walk on the rocks,
and immediately he climbed on the rocks.
So I'm ready to say, "Hi," again to Bernheim Forest.

It is definitely worth a day trip for anyone in Kentucky and bordering states.
You'll find it centrally located in Kentucky
For the thousands of folks who travel I-65 in Kentucky, I say give yourself a break and take a pit stop.

BTW, we drove another 15 minutes to Bardstown which is a place full of history
and had a late lunch at the Kurtz Restaurant across from My Old Kentucky Home.
It was another memorable trip for Mr. G and me.

  ****************************************
Thanks to the FREE program

 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo & other alterations to pictures.

 
 
*****************************


 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. This is a fantastic place, Joy. Thanks for taking us along.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some very cool sculptures here!
    Thanks for sharing at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/05/snorkeling-on-saint-thomas.html

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.