Saturday, October 17, 2015

Quilt Shot Block #48 ~ Susannah

12 inch square

Found in
 For a 12 inch block, the measurements were changed:
A= 3½ inch
B= 3 7/8 inch
Since 4 half square triangles were needed the following method was used:
 Cut 2 rectangles
 Use favorite method to mark center width line.  I used mechanical graphite pencil.
Then mark the diagonals as shown.
Sew ¼ inch on each side of drawn diagonal lines.
Cut on pencil marks.
Arrange the HSTs with squares according to pattern & join.
Leave it to me to venture off from the pattern.  
Didn't realize until I took a picture of the finished block.
Amazing how the camera's eye helps you see those details.
Can you see how mine is different from the one in the book?
Would it still be called Susannah?
*** 


Thanks to the FREE programs:

 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo 
Pic Monkey for the collage


4 comments:

  1. Hi, what a nice block! Love the design. You know I have this outlandishly long 27 (or so) -part series on my blog on making quilt blocks??? What you think of it??? Shall I add yours?? Thank you for linking this up at SHARE IT 33. A new party will open again tonight/tomorrow and we hope to see you there again! ~ Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your happy accident layout better than the original block! I think we'll just call this new block "Joy" - whaddya think? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the newer design. Of course I like the name or perhaps Susannah's Joy?

      Delete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.