Monday, August 24, 2015

Batting Bag Deal

On the World's Longest Yd Sale (HWY 127) this year,
I grabbed some batting scraps.
Any idea what I paid?

Yd sale tip: take your own shopping bags.
In the future, I will take more pillowcases.
This pillowcase came off the pillow in the car.

There was a variety of low, high loft & cotton, polyester.
Have you guessed what I paid?

               When I first saw the box of scraps, I pulled out a couple of pieces and they were small, but just the right size for me to practice some free motion quilting which I'm trying to learn.  Turns out many pieces were large enough for baby quilts,and there was one piece of white cotton large enough for the backing of a baby quilt.
Now do you have any idea what I paid?  
Actually, that's a trick question because you never know
how much something will cost at a yard sale.
It all depends on how attached the seller is to the merchandise,
or how bad they want to get rid of it but get something for it.
               Another tip: This is the same pile as the picture before. I just happened to have a vacuum bag I used to store some of the batting.
How much?
Scroll down.
*
*
*
*
*
 * 
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
5 whole dollars!
 got eaten up again.
Yes, Mr. G & I love yard sale-ing, because
it's like hunting for treasures. 

***************************
See more on this year's World Longest Yard Sale trip
@
WW Change Over Time
Mr. G's Shots
Bag 1
Bag 2
**************************
Sharing at several Linky Parties
You MUST check them out for great ideas!
*************** 
  PhotoScape used to resize & watermark shots
I've been using this software in place of Photoshop for several years.

2 comments:

  1. Such a deal! That yard sale is an amazing thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great idea! I think my mom could really use one of these bags! Thank you for linking up with the OMHGWW! Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.