Friday, March 29, 2013

Comparing Spring ~ 2011 to 2013

Comparing 3 years in my new home.  Doesn't seem like it's been that long.  The first spring was what I would call a "normal" spring.  The second, last year, was way too warm for March and this year way too cold.  I'm with Goldilock, I like it just right.

I've taken the pictures on the same day of the year in the same location.  I just like comparing changes and differences. Through these pictures, besides noticing the difference in the season,  I've noticed things have moved and grown or disintegrated.

I could have cheated and taken the pictures a day or 2 early to be more dramatic, because below this is what it looked like the morning of March 25, 2013:

 Then during the day, all of that melted away only to come another snow that night,
 and therefore the picture below shows the morning of March 26, 2013:
That snow also melted away during the day.  So, I played fair and took the pictures on
 March 27, 2013 so I could be exact.  enJOY the comparison pictures below of my backyard.












 Sharing at several Linky Parties.
Thanks to the FREE programs:
possibly used for this post
GIMP for cropping & other digital effects
 Photoscape for downsizing & watermarking photo
PicMonkey creating collages used on this page

2 comments:

  1. Very cool comparisons! And since you mentioned it, that's exactly how the three years went. It has definitely stayed colder much longer this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. each year is so different... very neat. i'm just south of you, and i'm tired of this cold!! ready for some real spring, or we could just get on with it and get right into summer! thanks for sharing at 1440.

    patty@findingserendipity.com

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.