Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Key Station from Plate Holder

I found another blogger that beat me to posting this idea.  However, here is my version.  As you can see I have some red trimmed white enamel pieces all acquired from my Mother. 

Then, I had found a large plate holder and bought it thinking I would use it in the kitchen.  It was too tall to sit on the counter under the cabinets.  When I was redoing the entryway, I decided to use the plate holder and use the old fake plant to kinda hide the junk that eventually collects at the key station.

 
I think it depends on the mood of who is pricing things at Goodwill.  Sometimes things like this cost around $3.50.  So when I saw $1.75, I grabbed it not knowing what I'd really use it for at the time.


You may find this post at several Linky Parties.

11 comments:

  1. hi Joy that is sooo cool I didn't really get it till I saw the side shot how ingenious!! I never would have seen that and thought to use it like that untill now LOL. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea!! I shall have to look out for a plate holder in the charity shops here!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! It is very creative and I love the little ivy on top :) Also, this is dear to my heart, because my parents use a 3 tier fruit bowl as a key-catcher in the entryway:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joy, I'm so glad you are getting lots of vistors from my blog! Thanks for linking up each week. Your key station is a really good idea! Have a great day, Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  5. So creative, and a great idea. Love the ivy on top and the storage spaces below. I would never have thought of doing this! I've found several plate holders and use them for what else plates! On I so love that deer, looks so much better than before pic! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration over at Sunday's Best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this new approach to the vintage touch. Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing on BeColorful
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugs and thank you for joining in the hop fun. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so fun! What a great idea. We hope to see you back next week to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Thanks for coming!! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a clever idea! Thanks for sharing with us at Link It Up Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea!!! Thanks so much for sharing at Two Sasters!!

    ReplyDelete

Have a JOYful day!
Leave a comment or an email if you like.
I will enJOY either.
Please LEAVE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you need a reply.